SW London CAMRAPub of the Year 2013
HAND IN HAND voted Top Pub
The CAMRA SW London Pub of the Year 2013 is the HAND IN HAND 7 Crooked Billet, Wimbledon, SW19 4RQ.
The winning pub was announced at the Battersea Beer Festival at 4pm on Thursday 6th February 2014 by the Mayor of Wandsworth, Cllr. Angela Graham.
All 1500+ branch members received a numbered voting form with the Christmas mailout.
The presentation of the Winner's certificate was at the pub on Wednesday 30th April 2014.
The local Greensleeves Morris Men were on hand outside the pub before the presentation.
South West London CAMRA's Pubs Officer, Geoff Strawbridge presented the winner's certificate to licensee Andrew Ford who's acceptance speech was followed by a brief congratulatory speech by the Mayor of Merton Cllr. Krystal Miller - see video below.
This is also on our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/user/CAMRAswl.
CAMRA's Geoff Strawbridge with Hand in Hand Licensee Andrew Ford as he gives his acceptance speech followed by Mayor of Merton Cllr Krystal Miller's congratulatory speech.
- HAND IN HAND, 7 Crooked Billet, Wimbledon, SW19 4RQ.
- Old Sergeant, 104 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, SW18 4DJ.
- Nightingale, 97 Nightingale Lane, Balham, SW12 8NX.
There were eight pubs on the shortlist. As per CAMRAswl branch rules the previous year's winning pub is ineligible for this year's vote. The Eagle Ale House in Battersea was the 2012 champion.
In Post Code order, the other 5 pubs on the shortlist were:
- Crown & Anchor, 246 Brixton Road, Stockwell, SW9 6AQ
- Beehive, 197 St John's Hill, Battersea, SW11 1TH
- Fox & Hounds, 66 Latchmere Road, Battersea, SW11 2JU
- Railway, 2 Greyhound Lane, Streatham, SW16 5SD
- Grapes, 39 Fairfield Street, Wandsworth, SW18 1DX
Our "just for fun poll" in which anyone could vote - not just CAMRA members - can be seen at poll.fm/4llby.
If you are wondering why we select the Pub of the Year 2013 when we are in 2014 it's because the award is retrospective - the winning pub was the best pub throughout the year of 2013.