SW London CAMRA Pub of the Year 2014
Click on the pub name for the pub's entry on WhatPub.com, CAMRA's on-line Pub Guide.
- EAGLE ALE HOUSE, 104 Chatham Road, Battersea SW11 6HG.
- Nightingale, 97 Nightingale Lane, Balham, SW12 8NX.
- Old Sergeant, 104 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, SW18 4DJ.
The Eagle Ale House was also the Pub of the Year for 2012 after finishing as runner up in the previous couple of years.
The pub is featured on the cover of the current CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2015.
There were nine pubs in contention for the CAMRA SW London Pub of the Year 2014. As per CAMRAswl branch rules the previous year's winning pub is ineligible for this year's vote. The Hand in Hand Wimbledon was the 2013 champion.
If you are wondering why we select the Pub of the Year 2014 when we are in 2015 it's because the award is retrospective - the winning pub was the best pub throughout the year of 2014.
All 1500+ SWL CAMRA branch members were elligible to vote.
The other finalists are listed here in postcode order:
- Craft Beer Co., 128 Clapham Manor Street, Clapham SW4 6ED.
- Crown & Anchor, 246 Brixton Road, Stockwell, SW9 6AQ.
- Trinity Arms, 45 Trinity Gardens, Brixton SW9 8DR.
- Railway, 2 Greyhound Lane, Streatham, SW16 5SD.
- King's Head, 84 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7PB.
- Windmill, 40 Commonside West, Mitcham CR4 4HA.
All these excellent pubs are well worth a visit.