SW London CAMRA Pub of the Year 2016
The Sultan, 78 Norman Road, South Wimbledon is the CAMRA SW London Pub of the Year 2016.
The CAMRA South West London Pub of the Year for 2016 is the Sultan, 78 Norman Road, South Wimbledon SW19 1BT.
Many congratulations to all the team at the pub..
- Sultan, 78 Norman Road, South Wimbledon SW19 1BT.
- Railway, 2 Greyhound Lane, Streatham, SW16 5SD.
- Eagle Ale House, 104 Chatham Road, Battersea SW11 6HG.
The other pubs in the final are listed here in Postal district order:
- Trinity Arms, 45 Trinity Gardens, Brixton SW9 8DR.
- Cat's Back, 86-88 Point Pleasant, Wandsworth SW18 1NN.
- Old Sergeant, 104 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, SW18 4DJ.
- Hand in Hand, 7 Crooked Billet, Wimbledon, SW19 4RQ.
All current CAMRA South West London branch members were eligible to vote.
The branch Pub of the Year is awarded a certificate and automatically goes forward to CAMRA's shortlist for Greater London Pub of the Year. The winner of that award goes on to a 'super-regional' competition and, if successful again, would be on the shortlist for CAMRA national Pub of the Year.
Pub of the Year 2015
The 2015 South West London CAMRA Pub of the Year was the Trafalgar, 23 High Path, Merton, SW19 2JY.
Full result: camraswl.org.uk/Poty/2015/.
NOTE: The previous year's winner is excluded from this year's ballot as per CAMRAswl branch rules so the Trafalgar is ineligible for the 2016 vote.