PAST BEER & CIDER FESTIVALS
For 2009 Festivals see our festivals2009 page.
CAMRA FESTIVALS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
The 28th Pig's Ear Beer & Cider Festival is on from Tuesday 6th — Saturday 10th December 2011 at the Round Chapel, Powerscroft Road, off Lower Clapton Road, Hackney, E5 0PU. This is a magnificent English Heritage-restored venue featuring a 400 seat Gallery area. The venue has easy access by 8 buses and 2 Rail lines.
200+ Beers including unique Festival Brews plus the renowned Cider, Bottled and Foreign Beer Bars.
Open: Tues-Thurs: Noon-22.30; Fri-Sat: Noon-23.00
Entrance: CAMRA Members £2. Non-Members £4.
Des de Moor will be signing copies of his guide to London's Best Beer, Pubs and Bars on Thursday 8 December at 7pm.
See www.pigsear.org.uk/ for more including the beer list.
After a two year break the 11th Twickenham Beer Festival was back in 2011.
Organised by Richmond & Hounslow CAMRA it ran from Thursday 27th — Saturday 29th October 2011 at the Clarendon Hall/Hyde Room at York House, Richmond Road, Twickenham, TW1 3AA.
65 Cask Beers, Ciders & Perries were available.
See www.rhcamra.org.uk/ for more including the beer list and cider & perry list.
60+ Cask Beers, Ciders & Perries, Draught & Bottled Foreign Beers were available.
See www.croydoncamra.org.uk for more news.
22ND EALING BEER FESTIVAL
200 Cask Beers, Ciders & Perries, Draught & Bottled Foreign Beers were available.
THURROCK BEER FESTIVAL 2011
See essex-camra.org.uk/swessex/ for full details.
FIRST BECKENHAM BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL
Admission was FREE and 32 Beers, 12 Ciders and Perries, and a small selection of bottled beers from Kernal and Meantime were available as well as a Hog Roast.
For the latest information on CAMRA SE London festivals follow SELCAMRAfest on twitter.
6th BEXLEY BEER FESTIVAL
The festival ran over three days from Thursday 28th — Saturday 30th April 2011.
Some 65+ real ales [Beer List] as well as ciders & perries were available.
There was live Entertainment on Thursday & Friday.
See www.camrabexleybranch.org.uk/beer_festival.html for full details.
The 27th Pig’s Ear Beer Festival ran from Tuesday 30th November — Friday 3rd December 2010.
100+ beers were available including unique Festival brews. There was also the renowned Cider, Bottled & Foreign Beer Bars.
New Venue: The Round Chapel, Powerscroft Road, off Lower Clapton Road, Hackney, E5 0PU. This is a magnificent English Heritage-restored venue featuring a 400 seat Gallery area.
For further information: www.pigsear.org.uk.
There was a choice of over 60 beers, ciders and perries, as well as hot and cold food every day. [beer list]
Full details at www.watfordcamra.org.uk/festival.htm.
Over 70 real ales were available plus ciders and imported beers, live bands (all sessions) and food.
Full details at www.wokingbeerfestival.co.uk/.
60+ real ales were on tap at the festival – all of which came from within 100 miles of Wallington Hall – plus over 15 UK produced ciders & perries and an exciting range of bottled beers, predominantly from Europe.
Over 300 real ales plus ciders, perries & foreign beers were available.
Entertainment on Saturday evening was provided by the Climax Blues Band.
The Ascot Racecourse 4th Annual CAMRA Beer Festival 2010 was on from Friday 24 — Saturday 25 September.
200+ real ales plus ciders and perries were available at £1.40 per half/£2.80 per pint. Beers were predominantly from local craft brewers. Free tasting notes were provided. [Beer List (93KB pdf)] [Cider & Perry List (11KB pdf)].
Bar open Fri 11.00—16.55; Sat 11.00—17.25.
Hot & cold food was available all day and there was live music on both days.
There was exclusive HALF PRICE ADMISSION for CAMRA members - prices from £5.50 on Fri. and £10 on Sat.
The Queen Elizabeth II Stakes was the featured race on Saturday. This race crowns the top miler in Europe and was won by Poet’s Voice, one of four winners on the day for jockey Frankie Dettori.
The 15th Clacton-on-Sea Real Ale and Cider Festival 2010 ran from Wednesday 25 — Saturday 28 August.
55+ real ales, ciders, perries and bottled continental beers were available.
The festival was in the St. James’ Church Hall, in Tower Road, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 1LF, which is between St. James’ Church and the Westcliff Theatre, about 15 minutes walk from Clacton-on-Sea railway station. [See location on Googlemaps Streetview].
For full details see: www.tendringcamra.org.uk/clactonfest.html.
ROSSLYN PARK BEER FESTIVAL IV
The Slingbacks, Rosslyn Park Ladies rugby team held their annual beer festival on Saturday 3 December 2011, from 3pm - Midnight.
Venue: Rosslyn Park F.C., Priory Lane, Upper Richmond Road, Roehampton, London, SW15 5JH
Going with a 'Winter Warmer' theme, a selection of festive ales and ciders alongside some festival favourites were available.
|Featured Ales:||Featured Ciders & Perries:|
|Lees Hopmeister 3.8%||Westons Hertfordshire County Perry 4.5%|
|Saltaire Elderflower Blonde 4%||Kent Cider Co. Spiced Cider 5%|
|Brentwood Chestnut Stout 4%||Mr Whitehead Heart of Hampshire 6%|
|Blue Monkey Evolution Gold 4.3%|
|Phoenix Christmas Kiss 4.5%|
|Brentwood Winter Warmer 4.7%|
|Bradfield Pale Ale 5%|
PUB & CLUB BEER FESTIVALS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
- The Wandsworth Common Halloween Beer Festival was once again at LE GOTHIQUE from 27th—29th October 2011. 90 different real ales plus 20 ciders and 20 wines by the glass were available. [photos].
- The KINGS HEAD, 100 Clapham Park Road, SW4 7BZ held its first ever Ale Fest on Saturday 22nd October 2011 to show off their new décor and to showcase a full range of ales. See the pub’s Facebook page or Twitter feed for details.
- The SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, SW1 was showcasing "Embarrassing ales you wouldn't ask your granny to order" for two weeks from 10th October 2011. See the pub’s Facebook page or Twitter feed for details.
- HOOPERS in East Dulwich had a Champions Beer Festival from 30th September - 16th October 2011 featuring award winners from the Great British Beer Festival, SIBA National competition and the World Beer Awards as well as Oktoberfest Specials. See www.hoopersbar.co.uk for details.
- The GRAPE & GRAIN, 2 Anerley Hill, Crystal Palace, SE19 2AA has an Autumn Beer Festival from 7th - 10th October. 60+ ales and ciders from U.K. micro brewers were featured.
- The GRID INN 22 Replingham Road, Southfields, SW18 5LS had a Westerham Weekender Beer Festival from Friday 1st — Sunday 3rd July which featured a full range of Westerham beers over the weekend.
- The SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, SW1 had two weeks of spring ales from Monday 13th June.
- In celebration of Mild Month the SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, SW1 had 30 milds available during the month of May 2011.
- HOOPERS BAR, 28 Ivanhoe Road, East Dulwich, London, SE5 8DH had a Not the Royal Wedding LocAle Festival from Thursday 21st April — Monday 2nd May 2011 with 50+ mainly Local Real Ales as well as Ciders & Perries on draught.
- The SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, SW1 had a month of Festive Ales from Sunday 5th December 2010. The pub’s Christmas lights were turned on at 17.00, with Mince pies and port for all.
- HOOPERS in Dulwich had a Winter Ales Festival from Thursday 9th to Sunday 19th December.
- The HOPE, 48 West Street, Carshalton, SM5 2PR had a Dark Beer Festival from Thursday 25th — Sunday 28th November. This featured a selection of dark beers from micro breweries nationwide.
- The Rosslyn Park Ladies Rugby team (the Slingbacks) presented ‘London’s Brewing’ - their third annual beer and cider festival - on Saturday 20th November at the club’s home ground Rosslyn Park F.C.. A selection of London ales as well as some beer festival favourites were available along with food and live music.
- The FALCON, 2 St. Johns Hill, Clapham Junction, SW11 1RU had its Bonfire Beer Festival from Thu. 4th to Sun. 7th November. 40+ real ales were available.
- The MANOR ARMS, 128 Clapham Manor Street, SW4 6ED had an Oktoberfest Beer Festival on Sat 30—Sun 31 October 2010. 20+ beers were available.
- The BRICKLAYER’S ARMS, 32 Waterman Street, Putney, SW15 1DD, had a Herefordshire Cider Festival from Thu. 28th to Sun. 31st October 2010. Up to 15 ciders and perries were available.
- The WANDSWORTH COMMON HALLOWEEN BEER FESTIVAL, was at Le Gothique, John Archer Way, Off Windmill Road, SW18 3SX and also ran from Thu. 28th to Sun. 31st October. You can see some of our webmaster Mike Flynn’s photos from Thursday 28th on Flickr.com.
- The only Hop Back pub in London, the SULTAN in South Wimbledon, had its annual October Fest on Fri. 1 and Sat. 2 October. 26 guest ales from around Britain plus two traditional ciders were available.
- The SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, SW1 had two weeks of “Embarrassing Ales you wouldn’t ask your granny to order” from 20 September.
- The BRICKLAYER’S ARMS, 32 Waterman Street, Putney, SW15 1DD, had a Suffolk & Norfolk Beer Festival from Wed. 22 — Sun. 26 September. Over 100 Eastern ales were available. There was live music on Thu.—Sat.
- The BEEHIVE, 197 St Johns Hill, Battersea, SW11 1TH, had its first ever Beer Festival on Fri. 10 — Sun. 12 September. 12+ cask ales and real cider alongside the regular beers were available. The Beer Festival was held as part of the St. John’s Hill Festival 2010.
- The WILLAM the FOURTH 816 High Road Leyton E10 6AE, hosted Brodie’s second Birthday Bonanza beer festival On Sat. 4 and Sun. 5 September. For more see www.brodiesbeers.co.uk or www.williamthefourth.net.
- The SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, SW1 had two weeks of East Anglia Ales from 23 August — 03 September. See the pub’s page on Facebook for details.
- The EAGLE ALE HOUSE, 104 Chatham Road, SW11 6HG, had its annual Summer Bank Holiday Beer and Music Festival from Saturday 28 — Monday 30 August. Over 50 Real Ales and ciders were available, as well as a Hog Roast & barbecue with music on Saturday and Sunday. See the pub entry on www.camrahops.com or check the pub website: eaglealehouse.co.uk for details.
- The FALCON, Clapham Junction, had a Summer Real Ale Festival from Thu 19 — Sun 22 August. Over 40 Real Ales from around the U.K. were available.
- Just outside our area, the current Kingston & Leatherhead CAMRA Pub of the Year, WOODIES FREEHOUSE, Thetford Road, New Malden, had its 6th Summer Real Beer Festival and Gala Weekend on 20—22 August. Over 60 Real Ales were available, as well as a choice of ciders.
- The SPEAKER in Great Peter Street, Victoria had two weeks of Summer Ales from 19 July. See the pub website www.pleisure.com/pubs-the-speaker.html for details.
- There was a Charity Day for The Children’s Trust, Tadworth at The QUEEN’S HEAD, 70 Cricket Green, Mitcham, CR4 4LA on Saturday 24 July. A great day was had by all.
- The PRINCE OF WALES in Merton had a Beer Festival over the weekend of 2—4 July. See the pub website powmerton.co.uk/festival for details.
- HOOPERS in Dulwich had a World Cup Real Ale, Lager and Cider Festival from 12—27 June. See the pub website www.hoopersbar.co.uk for details.
- The HOPE in Carshalton had a Summer Beers Festival from 17—20 June 2010. See the pub website www.hopecarshalton.co.uk/ for details.
- The EAGLE ALE HOUSE, 104 Chatham Rd, SW11 6HG, hosted a Beer & Music Festival over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend: Fri 29—Sun 31 May 2010. 40 beers were available.
- The EARL FERRERS, 22 Ellora Road, Streatham, SW16 6JF held a mini beer festival on Sat 8 May. For details see their website www.earlferrers.co.uk.
- The MANOR ARMS, 128 Clapham Manor Street, SW4 6ED had a Spring Beer Festival over the Mayday Bank Holiday weekend: Sat 1—Mon 3 May 2010. 20 beers were available.
- Just outside our area, HOOPERS BAR, 28 Ivanhoe Road, East Dulwich, SE5 8DH had a London LocAle Beer Festival from Fri 2 - Sun 18 April 2010.
- The Wandsworth Common Beer Festival 2010 was on from Thursday 25 to Sunday 28 March 2010, at the usual venue, LE GOTHIQUE, Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, off John Archer Way, SW18 3SX. Over 50 different beers were available plus 10 selected ciders.
- From Thursday 25—Saturday 28 February the BRICKLAYER’S ARMS in Putney, had their biggest ever Yorkshire Beer Festival. Over 140 beers were featured, from 69 breweries.